Monday, December 7, 2009

A New Project

Christmas (and my birthday) is rapidly approaching. And with Christmas comes to urge to give presents, lots and lots of presents. At the behest of Nys I am building a table and two chairs for Ewan to use.
I began with just the raw materials, some lengths of wood from Bunnings
Tidied them up, went with doweling the joints together, smoothed all the sharp edges since it is for a two year old after all.

Cut the actual top from a sheet of MDF, rounded the corners and beveled all the edges

And voila, the completed table. Next weekend I will sand it down. The legs will remain natural wood, just a light stain. The top itself I will seal and paint, probably yellow.
I also had a go at making the first chair, a new thing for me, and wouldn't you know, I got so caught up, I forgot pictures. But later this week I will do the second chair, and pics will follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment