So finally, I can update my table and chairs project for Ewan. Things got delayed there with being hit by a car, and issues with Nys and access to my tools, but today I finally got to get back to work.
So first up cutting out the frames for the chairs, out of pine
The seat and backs will be MDF
So in this next photo, I've glued and screwed the chair frames together, and stained them to match the table legs. The chair bases and chair backs have been cut to size and placed into position to check for fit, and they're starting to come together nicely.
And now, to add that individual touch, and because Ewan has a thing for stars and moons, I traced some outlines into the seat backs, and carefully cut them o
ut with a router. All the edges were then smoothed so there are no sharp edges.
The next step will be painting the MDF, which I will do tomorrow.
And finally, the completed table, ready for action. I know I said it would probably be yellow, but the blue is a much nicer colour.

No comments:
Post a Comment