Friday, November 26, 2010

My Life. New Chapter

Her name is Nicky. I met her through Findsomeone. I had given up on Findsomeone. I had been on a couple of dates, but they were pretty blah. Just no connection when we finally met in person. She was definitely different. There was none of that foreplay that normally happens. No real getting to know you messages. Just "How about a date?". So we did. I had coffee, she drank lemonade and we talked. I felt a definite connection, and at the end of the date I asked if I could see her again. She said yes, but qualified it. She was going on another date the next day with someone else. I walked away feeling a bit crushed. Until the next morning I got a text. She had cancelled her date that day. Did I still want to see her? Definitely yes.
Date two was at the Gardens. We ate a picnic and lay in the shade and talked. I thought it a bit strange that we had to keep moving as the sun crept around. Until we realized it had been over two hours. Rather than end the date, we moved to cuddling on the couch at her place watching the Losers.
The third date, and subsequent ones, are definitely adults only reading material.
Which leads me to a new problem. I have an issue. She scares me. Or more accurately my feelings for her scare me.
More on this later.
I am still trying to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment