Next it was time for a google session, to find out how spa pool plumbing normally worked. A few searches , much examination of the pool, and some crudely drawn diagrams later and I had it pretty much sussed. So off to Bunnings and Mitre 10 Mega in search of the parts. The plumbing for the bottom drain hole and the bubble blower were carefully attached, the contraption lowered in and bugger.
Up it all came so I could check out some sections of the frame it rested on to feed the pipes through. Then back into the hole. And check the light. Naturally, not working. So back out of the hole it came. Sorted out the issue, and back in the hole it went. This time I got it all sorted, plugged in the light, flicked the switch.
Everything was working fine. I toddled off into the garage in search of the camera, and when I came back the damn light had blown. I spent ages trying to get it all sorted. In the end I had to pop the little blue dome at the bottom of the pool to remove the old light. And I got to go spend some more money at Repco.
But at last I had the new light plugged in and working. Into the hole it went and part filled it with water to check the blower was going to work. It did. But a couple of hours later the water level had subsided suspiciously. Bail out, out of the hole again and lets play find the leaks.
In the pictures James, John and myself must have levered the pool in and out of the hole eight times in a single day. An important lesson was learnt. Check everything before you put it in the hole.

No comments:
Post a Comment