So tonight I am going to my friend's house to cook her dinner. I love to cook, and I love trying out different recipes. It's been hard the last couple of years living with my mum and Griffin. She won't touch anything with even a hint of capsicum. All food must be served encrusted with salt and steak type meals are out because, according to her, its to hard to chew them with plastic (false) teeth. And Griffin is even worse. Spicy food is out, as is any vegetable, anything with onion, and in fact anything thats not a slab of meat, served with 2, maybe 3 chips. That makes it real hard to because effectively I need to cook two and a half meals most nights. Of course Nyssa is in an even worse boat, as her mother combines basically all the worst traits of both my fussy eaters with an adamant refusal to appreciate any meal Nys cooks her. The complaints she comes up are ridiculous, and it has, I feel, shattered Nyssa's confidence in her own cooking. She's cooked a couple of meals for me and they are absolutely heavenly, and last time I cooked for her it was my signature lamb chops with tomato mint relish.
Tonights dinner is something new, from a cookbook I scored about a year ago.
Baked Pork Cutlets with Mango Glaze
1 fresh mango, peeled
1 small red chilli, finely chopped (I'm substituting 1tsp chopped chilli)
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
4 tsp honey
2 pork cutlets (I'm substituting pork loin chops)
Olive oil for frying
Salt & pepper to taste
Coarsely chop the mango and place in food processor with chilli, ginger and honey. Puree
Heat oven to 220 C. Season pork with a little salt & pepper. Heat oil in an oven proof frying pan then add pork and brown for 1 minute each side.
Pour mango glaze over pork and then bake for 10 minutes until pork is cooked through.
I'll be serving it with a kumara/potato mash and some roasted asparagus. I hope it turns out well
No comments:
Post a Comment